Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Feeling frazzled..

Mmmm.  Doesn't this cupcake look delicious?  I tried a new recipe yesterday for my cooking blog and it was a sticky disaster.  Yes, this cupcake may look perfect, but this was the only one that turned out that way.  Let me just say that marshmallows and I don't go together.  For this recipe, I was attempting to use marshmallows as my frosting.  

Here is what the cupcakes looked like before they went in the oven.
Here is what they looked like after they came out.  I think I should of cut my marshmallows in half as they might of been to big for the cupcakes!  Oops!
This was one big, gloppy and sticky mess that was not fun to clean up.  We had to eat those cupcakes though as I was not going to put them to waste.   The cupcakes themselves were super yummy.  I will use definitely use that cake recipe again but with my cream cheese frosting.   Mmmmmmm, want one?  
 I have extras!   
I did have one success in the kitchen yesterday as these popovers I made turned out amazing!  I posted them on my cooking blog.  I am going to make dinner easy tonight and cook up one of our favorite pastas.
The chaos on my island is exactly how I feel right now, overwhelmed.  This time of year is bittersweet, it's a wonderful time to spend with loved ones and to share in the celebrations of the Holidays, but it's also a non-stop crazy time filled with parties, school obligations and not to mention endless trips to the grocery store.
That is it for today.  I am off to run yet another errand but first I think I need to organize and clean up my kitchen!  Have a great Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment